Hi there!
I'm new to iReal Pro so forgive me if this kind of thing has been asked around here before. What I'm looking to do is create a handful of exercises to practice chord voicings against a simple bass that only plays the root (or 5th, but I do not want it to play chord qualities like the 3rd or 7th). In order to achieve this I was fiddling around and discovered putting the root I want as a slash over itself (i.e. C/C, G/G etc) seems to just play the root with occasional octaves. Although it's not what I had in mind it's totally fine for my purposes.
My goal is I want to be able to use these exercises for both major and minor chord voicings, running them through different root cycles.
I started by creating a simple exercise running up and down by half-step roots. Here is a screenshot of what I created so far, one root per measure (I'm also attaching my iReal Pro file for this exercise):

This technically works fine for my needs, but I was curious to know if there's a better or more efficient way to do this before I proceed with my other exercises (moving by whole-step, thirds, etc). Or if this is the right way, let me know.
Thank you!
I'm new to iReal Pro so forgive me if this kind of thing has been asked around here before. What I'm looking to do is create a handful of exercises to practice chord voicings against a simple bass that only plays the root (or 5th, but I do not want it to play chord qualities like the 3rd or 7th). In order to achieve this I was fiddling around and discovered putting the root I want as a slash over itself (i.e. C/C, G/G etc) seems to just play the root with occasional octaves. Although it's not what I had in mind it's totally fine for my purposes.
My goal is I want to be able to use these exercises for both major and minor chord voicings, running them through different root cycles.
I started by creating a simple exercise running up and down by half-step roots. Here is a screenshot of what I created so far, one root per measure (I'm also attaching my iReal Pro file for this exercise):

This technically works fine for my needs, but I was curious to know if there's a better or more efficient way to do this before I proceed with my other exercises (moving by whole-step, thirds, etc). Or if this is the right way, let me know.
Thank you!